Thursday 26 December 2013

A Christmas feast



Yeshhh, this is a Christmas post. My Santa Clause brought me some ice-cream. Hohoho!
My family never celebrate Christmas. Most of my closest friends are Christians so they will be celebrating with their families.
How do i spent my Christmas eve? Spent it at home with my lecture notes :( Why does study week always have to fall during this festive season. We'll be counting down for finals rather than new year.
My attention always deviates when i am studying though. Woke up at 6:00am and finished my story book. At night, helped cousin sister to bake a Christmas log cake.
Dad asked me again, why didn't i go out with friends tonight. I answered, "Because i am waiting for you to date me out ma."


Reading novel about marriage life rather than puppy love now.


The cake :)

On Christmas day itself, bf planned and prepared a Christmas dinner for me and his siblings. Since his parents are away at Dubai, he has to take care of his siblings also, so cooking at home is more appropriate than having it outside i guess. He came up with a complete Western dinner including appetizer, entree and dessert. 
He was supposed to prepare everything and i was supposed to rest and nap while he was cooking. Of course you wouldn't feel good if you do nothing right. Ended up helping him. Chopping cabbage for coleslaw and so on. Skipped carrot cause we were too lazy.
Most of the foods ended up on the dogs' plates. Nevertheless, a great experience. Our very first time cooking together :) Thank you for the night :)


Chef at work.


Mashed potato, too salty!


Appetizer, mushroom soup.


Prepared for five.


Entree: grilled dory fish fillet with butter lemon sauce (too sour!!!), creamy cheese prawns (the prawns were not fresh, bought frozen ones cause fresh ones were out of stock), mashed potato with curry gravy (supposed to distract our tastebuds from the saltiness), coleslaw, grilled corn (or steamed?)


Had sparkling juice :D


I think he planned this for me. Heehee. Banana boat was what i used to have when i was little.


Last but not least, my Christmas gifts. Thank you!


Snowman necklace & :)


And my gifts for him, bought him a shirt and made a simple card for him cause this sem was pretty busy. A carved Christmas tree on the cover and did some colouring of Christmas ornaments inside.


Finally, i tried all of their ice-creams! This strawberry Dream was very nice too :D




No comments:

Post a Comment