Tuesday 14 May 2013

Elegante Night and Food Fiesta

I did mention in my previous post that these two weeks are gonna be the busiest ever right. I am not dead but barely alive now. I am so worn out. I have no desire to do anything except sleeping. I can't describe how lethargic i am. How i am feeling right now is really unpleasant and i'll never like these feelings. Only if i could, i wish to escape from everything i am supposed to do now. If and only if. Cause that might not even happen in my dreams. 

Last Friday, we had our annual PPD's coursenight which is held at Golden Chernose Media Hall located inside Wangsa Maju Mall. Theme of the night is elegance and so it got its name as Elegante Night. Dresscode was colour blocking. Didn't pay much attention to the theme as i am too lazy to shop for dresses anymore. The night was fun and everyone enjoyed much i guess. Lecturer even commented that this year's coursenight was the best compared to the previous years. Credit to the two emcees of the night in my opinion. 


Souvenir.


Props for photo booth.


The food. Catering from outside. The curry and rendang are the nicest.


Bubur cha cha was not bad too but too sweet for me.


Fruit tarts and chocolate eclair. What's inside that eclairs?!


Funny coursemate xD 
Was asked for idea for stage deco and i made ribbon from wrapping paper.


With course bestie :)


My buddyline. Two buddies MIA =(


With little buddy and her bebe >.<


Vistana housemates ^_^


Cutest housemate =D I look like her teacher. Lol.


Some pictures for the night.


With Ginny and Jasmine =)


Future dietitians~ Haha


And future nutritionist!


Under PPD, we are one big family.


That's all for the night. The next day was a working day for the remaining two groups for Food Fiesta. We started preparing for our food sale on Monday as early as 8:00 am the next day. Baked 180 cookies in 8 hours, standing. Omg, my muscles were so full of lactic acid. Everyone was so busy baking till we didn't realise how quickly time passed. It's almost 12:00 am when we called it a day. The routine continued for the next day. And yesterday, we starting preparing as early as 4:30 am. Sale wasn't as good as the last food sale. But even so if there's demand, with the speed of production, we aren't capable to satisfy them all. It was a stressful day for everyone. And when it comes to quality control, our lecturer showed the least compassion. I was so afraid that my cookies are gonna be rejected cause others commented that they were so thin. I hate our CEO the most at the moment she said that if she's the lecturer, she's gonna banned all my cookies. Is that what a leader should say when the members are under so much stress? Was stressed up for not being able to find the packaging for my cookies nearby too that time. At last, no matter how unwilling i was, i have to ask help from bf and dad to buy and send it to fac for me. So grateful to them :') Many of our final products were rejected and that slowed us down even more. I've been standing boiling spaghetti for the whole day and i got blister on my toe now! Not to mention the cleaning ups that have to be done after that.

I am doubtful on how i am gonna survive for the remaining days of the week although i must. Just did our kaunseling video presentation this morning. Next up will be Hubungan Etnik poster presentation tomorrow and Biostat research presentation on Thursday. 


Buon Apetito, we serve a fusion of Italian and local cuisines.


So that you can spot us from miles away. Lol.


Cute groupmate. It was 11pm and everyone was still busy working.


Done packaging all my cookies. I am happy~


In the sensory food with all the baked products.


Cream cheese. King of all creams. Lol.


Banana crumble muffins. These didn't pass QC.


Love group 3's almond carrot cake with cream cheese frosting!


Vanilla oreo cupcakes. Not a big fan of cupcakes.


Made barley and try adding lemon juice inside. Yucky lol!


Dinner and lunch for the day. 


Dedication from little~ Sweet~


Dedicated my cookies for buddy and little too ^_^


It was Mothers' Day last Sunday and i was not able to go home and celebrate with family :( Both sis were away from home too. Glad that i was able to buy mum a cake when dad and her came to send me my cookie packaging. A cake from our food sale! Had been wanting to buy her that but scare that it couldn't last till the end of the week.


Decorated by myself. Hehe.


Yeah, chinese and i know it looked damn ugly -.-


Happy mama's day! 


Not to forget our mother in Kuala Kedah :) 
Sent her a message and got a call from her :)


And of utmost importance,




HAPPY 22ND BIRTHDAY TO YOU! 
So sorry that i couldn't celebrate with you on your actual birthday.
Thank you for being such a considerate and understanding boyfriend.
What you'd done for me are very much appreciated.
Love you~





Really grateful for those helpful friends.
You girls are just the best! ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment