Friday 11 July 2014

Surprise surprise!

Hi, I am Yik Yin, Jasmine's friend. My friends and I are planning to celebrate Jasmine's birthday next Saturday, 5/7. It will be great if you can join us for the celebration. You'll be our surprise guest!! Do inform me if you can make it and we'll plan things out. Thank you.

That'll explain the title. Our inital plan was to celebrate at Feeka but damn the location was so inconvenient for public transportation access. We basically have to walk another 7 minutes from Raja Chulan monorail station to go there and i was going from Kajang since it was postponed to lunch on Sunday. 7 minutes as indicated by Google Map if we didn't get lost. I was 100% sure i'll be lost. So, plan changed. We went Pastis Cafe at The Gardens instead. Jasmine chose it because it was more convenient for them to go from Kepong too. Li Ying was my partner in crime. Just like two years ago, we were the only two from UKM who attended Jasmine 21st party too :)

Lucky for me, i had a driver on that day. Too bad for bf cause we waited for an hour and a half to a parking spot while i was in desperate need to use the washroom. Frustration filled the car, well, mostly from me.

Because we're joining them for dessert after lunch, bf and i had our brunch at Antipodean first. Very good service but i didn't like the place. Too small for the crowd. I couldn't get out from my seat till i finished my dish cause the table had to be pushed all the way the place i was sitting. And they didn't have a menu on the table. Just a blackboard with the list of food and drinks. Luckily i knew what i wanted from the start. I wanna try their egg benedict. Second time i got my poached eggs totally well done. Requested for change. Thanks to their good service, i was satisfied i got my runny egg yolks after that. To me, i still think that the one i had at Tipsy was the best so far.

The surprise was exciting! We almost failed at it. Haha. Li Ying was having problem with the house she just moved in for intern and the time we wasted at the parking lot, we were late. Yik Yin had to drink her coffee extremely slow and made up all sorts of excuses to drag time and i got urgent calls for her that Jasmine was asking to change place after they finished their lunch. So, we ran there. I was sweating when i reached. 

Chose two cakes and lighted a candle for her on the cheesecake. I walked in with the cake to their table and we sang her a belated birthday song. Gosh, if i was the birthday girl i would have died from embarassment. Lol. The cafe was so quiet. We were the noisiest. Went PC fair after that.


Latte for bf.

The runny yolks ones.

Grilled chicken with balsamic vinegar sauce.

Boston cheesecake. I tasted lemon/lime. Nice.

Fondant chocolate cake with ice-cream. Runny center. Yum yum~

Latte again. Bf's crazy.

This smelt so creamy i can smelt it from tables apart. Haha.

Jasmine, Li Ying and me :)

Kena isolated.

Trying out so many poses but all turned out weird so we gave up. Haha.

The five of us.

Because Jasmine likes the kampung feel of the deco.

:)

Yay, for your 21st and again, 23rd :)

Hehehe.

Bf joined my family for dinner after that and we went Thean Hou Temple after that. The visit brought back lots of childhood memories. We took lots of photos :) I was shocked this was the very first time bf stepped his foot here. 


My sheep.

He's a sheep too.

Grandma made me think of Malificient.

Sis's monkey.

Bro's is rat.

:)

This spot was so familiar. We are going there for another shot definitely.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7! Grandma so cute. Too bad bro's missing!


3rd of July is our anniversary day.
No fancy dinner cause i was rushing for my manuscript.
Every special dates falls on the wrong dates!


Made a card for him.

And we made me one too! And how dare he said the fatter one is me -__________-



No comments:

Post a Comment