Wednesday 9 July 2014

Twenty-third birthday.

Since I've been living for two decades and three in this world (even longer now since three weeks had passed since my birthday), this has gotta be a long post. It's all about the cakes (& foods & gifts) i had with the people i love that made this birthday a memorable one.

Birthdays, the reasons to eat more cakes. I didn't make this up but i think it's pretty awesome. Lol.
For you can make me happy all day long if you buy me a cake on my birthday. It works better than giving me gifts. It's so so much more meaningful for one to have a cake on his/her birthday though i know people are having cakes all year round now including myself. 

For every cake eaten, i could make a wish.

This year has been a tough one and i desperately need to make more wishes. Wishes that could actually come true. This is the reason why i love others to have cakes on their birthdays too.

Since i entered university, i barely had the chance to celebrate my birthday on the actual day. It's usually spent revising for exam on the next day or like this sem when we're not having finals, i spent my birthday rushing slides and poster for presentations the day after. I spent my birthday pretty well this year. I stayed awake for the most of it. 20 hours out of 24. 

I didn't pity myself now cause i can have cakes to compensate my loss the day after or the days after. Hahaha. In fact, less and less people is going to remember your birthday as you grow. Even my own parents don't remember it and i couldn't recall when was the last time they bought me a cake on my birthday. So i'm gonna feel happy because they used to buy me really big cakes when i was little. Too bad the sizes of cakes they bought were not in sync with my body size as the years went by. Hahaha. Not complaining. I am not disappointed or what cause i don't have expectations. As long as i'm not expecting something, i'll not be disappointed. Peace. 

Grandma would be the one who remembers all our lunar birthdays and gives us angpau! Though that's not the sole reason why i love her so much. Haha.


Book marks from sisters. Earliest birthday gifts. I'm using them to mark the book i'm really now.


This cake has a story behind it. I'm just gonna reuse the caption again.
Thank you so much best-est unimate for bringing me a cake to the place where eating is forbidden, lighting me a candle in a room with a fire alarm system and singing me a song at a place where we're required to keep silence. Yeap, the library! Jasmine bought me a cake early in the morning while my group was having discussion in the library. 


I was touched although i didn't show it. Cause i was really sleepy.


When i was having oats and Gardenia bread for dinner, housemate, Yun Hua came home with this. Thank you so much Yun Hua, Wan Chien and Pei Sin for the cake :)

And my birthday just passed macam tu je..
The day after my birthday was more significant than my birthday itself. Grrr.



Thesis, community service and cafeteria presentations all in a day!
I thought i couldn't make it out alive.


My beloved groupmates. Faces i see almost everyday.
Been through so much together. Our group is cursed. I will be grateful as long as all turns out well in the end. Please.


Outing right after presentations despite the fact that i'd just slept for two hours in the past thirty four hours. I am those people who feel sleepy before ten every night.
Had dinner at Tous les Jours. My poached egg was cooked. Requested for it to be changed. The yolk of the poached egg for Egg Benedict is supposed to be runny, no?


Corn soup.


And guess what? Out of nowhere, we ended up in an art exhibition and had our picture taken.


Celebrated my June 27th birth date with bf. 27th June used to be my birthdate till i was 12. Right before UPSR, my birthday still fell on the 27th of June. Mum told me so and i believed me. When i saw what's written on my birth certificate was 25th June, i still never doubt her. I thought they made a mistake in the paperwork. So very dumb and naive. Spent my used-to-be-birthday engulfing pastries at Breadties and shopping.


Fruit custard puff, cream cheese raisin puff, chocolate chips muffin and scones with butter and strawberry jam. I really liked their pastries. The crust is so fragrant and flaky. Scone was not bad too though not as moist as BreadStory's. Chocolate chips muffin was moist but a little too sweet.


Tangerine chocolate. I was expecting something similar to Coffea Coffee orange chocolate. It was a  big let-down. See, no expectation, no disappointment. I have no expectations on their pastries after looking at their cakes and see again, how well they turned out to be. Lol.


Chicken chop with black pepper sauce. The chicken was a little too burnt or else it'd had been near to perfect.


Received my handmade sheep from bf. I am still gonna say this. 
YOU STOLE MY IDEA.


Birthday gifts and card from him.

Birthday celebration continued on the 28th, with Miss Carmen Lee, my bff since primary school and her bf. Had brunch at Tipsy and shopped at Sunway Pyramid after that. Thanks for the treat and company! Love the ease i feel everytime i am in their companies.


Thank you for the day.


Chicken bolognese, bf's pick. He said this was too ordinary. For me, it tasted a little too sweet.


Three mushrooms spaghetti. Jason's order.


Jia Wern n I ordered egg benedict and it turned out to be the best i've tasted so far. Yums!


Caffe latte with coffee ice cubes. Bf's latte craze.


Shakerato. Double shots. This was seriously good.


Bailey's chocolate mousse cake.


Banana toffee cake. I hate angry birds without a reason.


New Shanghai food expo at SetiaWalk. Jia Wern's bro joined us a bit later and because he's a Chinaman, he needs rice to survive. Haha.


And Jason stomached another bowl of curry mee. 
What is your stomach made of? Black hole?


My companions of the day.

Went shopping for bf's leather shoes before dinner at TGI Friday. Gonna spend the RM30 e-voucher in my Pinch of Salt card. I found the backpack i wanted for so long. They had the color i wanted T_T First saw it at Cheras Selatan but i didn't buy it cause i spent too much on that day already. Went back for it but it's already sold out. Went to many other Jusco and Parkson outlets and still couldn't find it.
The foods were awesome but the service sucked big time. It made bf frus. He basically had to order thrice and for the bill six times and the waiter made a mistake on the bill.


Tennessee Chicken | Juicy chicken breasts blasted in a sweet, savoury glaze, seasonal vegetables, cheddar cheese mashed potato, Tennessee sauce. 
The chicken breast so tender and juicy. The sauce so yummy.


Just waiting to be fed. Lol.

And this! I was enjoying every bite of it.


Brownie Obssesion | Warm brownie, chocolate fudge sauce, vanilla ice-cream, caramel sauce, pecans.


Bought two dresses for Hailey for her birthday! Which is still a month away.
One from me and one from bf.


Celebration continued till night. Went with bf to celebrate three of his friends birthday. Two of them used to be my highschool mates. I wanted to buy them cakes but couldn't find  a bakery on the way there.

Sunday was well spent with my family. We were on an eating spree. Had brunch, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. Shit, instantly felt fatter. No kidding. Afternoon tea at Donutes. Dad fell in love with their coffee. Mum fell in love with the apple & plum smoothies. I just wanna try out as much of their cakes, breads and pastries as possible. Hahaha. Dad said he wanted to buy me a cake but he was too busy working till he forgot my birthday already. 


Mango panna cotta. Dad said this tasted fishy.


Matcha senna


Piemont | Honey caramel mousse, vanilla filling
I had almost tried all of their cakes.


Satay danish, brioche (my must-buy), lemon cake, Florentine.


Sweet of the snow | lemon sauce and honey 


Chocolate and blackcurrant bun. This is so so so delectable. If it's not that expensive, i think i'd bought more than two T_T


Florentine. Nuts just drive me nuts. Haha. This was not very nice though.


Back to hostel on Sunday night and found this. From my cute housemate.

Belated birthday celebration with bff last Saturday. Wanted to go Wich Cafe but it's closed. So we just went to Leaf&Bean cause it's the nearest cafe we can find at the area. Nevermind, it was in my The List too. Hehe. After grabbing a drink there, we couldn't decide a place for dinner cause both of are road idiots. Haha. We ended up back in Kajang and we had Subway.


Looking pretty in curls :)


My green tea latte with red bean, her mango au lait. Both were not bad but a little too sweet.


She bought me a cake! Chocoberry cheesecake. Hen hao chi. Thank you.


More belated birthday cake i received from bf yesterday.
I don't like Secret Recipe tiramisu cause it's not authentic enough :(

No comments:

Post a Comment