Saturday 3 May 2014

Blessed

I thought i would blog about the community service programme my group just conducted last Wednesday but then now i am thinking that can wait since there's another one to go and i shall blog about both of them together. Plus, i took a lot of pictures and the internet speed at home is slower than ever. Slow internet speed makes me frustrated and i wanna blog with a happy heart.

Last Thursday was my very first outing with bf and his family. I thought it would be awkward (I am not a sociable person). It was awkward at first but then all went well as the day went on. It was not so awkward. It was okay. I was relieved (I am quite scared of his dad. And elder sister. But the elder sis was at Penang. Ha!) The little brother stayed at home so it's just the five of us. We went to Ikea to search for some deco/furnitures for their new home. They are moving. The crowd was crazy. The road was so jammed with cars. The mum got some pots and fake potted plants. The dad complained that those fake plants costed him more than a hundred ringgit, in a joking way of course. 

Had yu tao mai at Taman Desa for lunch. Ah my favourite! His mum's too. We have the same favourite foods. Yu tao mai and peanut associated kuih. I wish i eat beef. I think i am partially forbidden to eat beef cause dad eats it outside but not at home. I do not eat it because i can't help imagining a cow when i see beef. And the meat is dark. It's not like chicken and fish. It's darker so it's not so normal. Sounded autistic. Haha. I wish i eat beef because Ikea is so famous for it's Swedish meatballs. We didn't have it though cause the queue was crazy. Bought a dozen of currypuffs, half a dozen for me to bring home for mum, his mum said. And we had soft ice-cream which costed us 80 cents a cone. So cheap. It's self service ice-cream machine. We paid for the token to be inserted into the machine, put your cone into the hole and taadaa a cone of vanilla ice-cream is in front of us. I even recorded a video of the process. I want a machine like that too.


If you can see the handbag the sister is holding. Bf keep teasing her that it looks like a letterbox. Hello, it's Furla okay. Felt that they look so cute when i first saw then. I was even there during the launching.

Shopped at Ikano after that. Crazy sale going on in Padini Concept Store. Bf and the sister were shopping for clothes and the mum kept asking me to find and try on some too. Aunty buys for you, she said. I insisted that i don't want any and made myself look busy by shopping around looking for clothes for kokwai. I was thinking, it's not right for you to buy something for me besides foods of course. I had to keep making myself look busy. I spotted some nice dresses and blouses though while i was looking around for kw's. Hahaha. The sis wanted to buy shoes from Crocs after that. The dad was feeling impatient. Kw and i were standing outside of the shop guarding our trolley of goods while the trio went in to choose. We were chatting about how lucky kw didn't buy the Padini coat he yearned for last time since it's halved the price during the sale today. Half of RM399.90. Then the dad called me in to choose a pair of Crocs. 51% off for the second pair because it was Labours' Day. I said i didn't want a pair but he asked to choose a pair because it's 51% off. Uncle buys for you, he said. That sentence again. I stood there didn't know what to do. So, the dad asked kw in to choose for me. And this superstitious guy was in dilemma. He told the dad that he's not going to buy me shoes till we got married. Myth says that by giving your girlfriend, she will ditch you. 


Had Korean cuisine for dinner.


My tofu and mushroom stew. I wanted something to warm my stomach. Normally i would go for kimchi fried rice but not today.


Kw's chicken dish.


The sis and mum shared a plate of kimchi fried rice. I tasted a little and it was good. Didn't try the dad's ginseng chicken stew but i heard that it's nice too. All the dishes were delicious. Guess there'll be a second visit. The restaurant is called Oiso by the way. I braced myself to request for the pictures of food to be taken even when the family was around and it was my first outing with them. Gosh. Of course i didn't dare to shoot any dish on the table besides kw's and mine. I was so embarassed when the mum and sis quickly moved out of the way when i was about to shoot. Kw must  have talk bad about me to his mum though he denied. The kimchi fried rice looked so good in appearance and i was suppressing my urge. Ahhh tough!


I am the one who buys for her with my money so fret not, his dad said. I was still stunned that i just chose whatever that's in front of my eyes.


Yesterday, outing with Jia Wern and Sok Man. My very first outing with Sok Man. She met my mum, aunty and grandma for the very first time too and yet they were chatting and laughing like they had known each other forever. She made me laughed so hard. To me, her life is so dramatic. Married to a husband from China, managing a business of hong zhao, muk er and pu tao gan. I love her personality so much. Our plan was to go cafe hopping. First stop was Cultura at Bangsar. Loving the deco there. Life becomes so slow paced when i was inside the cafe. Then we went shopping at Sunway Pyramid and had coffee and scone at Coffea Coffee. I bought a shirt for kw, pens for dad and books for myself. Everyone bought something, everyone was happy. Best of all, I enjoyed myself so much yesterday for the great companions i had. We shall do this again :)


Love it!


Vintage lover i am.


The foods look so good on the table.


Green tea latte | creme brulee latter | passion fruit juice | miniature chocolate whirl | miniature apple strudel | pineapple danish


Toasty. We tried tuna, ham & cheese and black pepper chicken. Love all of them especially tuna. The bread was crunchy through and through.


Scone with fresh cream and strawberry jam | orange chocolate latte
So rich that latte! Sorry Sok Man i excluded your mango smoothie.


Finally i got the pens for dad and they looked so pretty! So happy~


I should seriously consider getting a new bookshelf rather than new books (I want more bookss)!





We have to change our thesis title again. 
For the third time. 
So fed up that i am not motivated to do anything anymore besides enjoying life. 
Who cares what grade i'll get. Damn.

2 comments:

  1. Good move! happy to know u and kok wai are so sweet,keep it going ya! *blessing*
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 good luck for thesis~ next year my turn~ =S

    ReplyDelete