Sunday 26 August 2012

Those thank you cards.

25082012.
A Saturday. Went for badminton with siblings and her friends.
Onlined when i got home and checked my inbox.
A message asking me for a favour. 
With a nice opening. I need to learn this! Lols.
Four thank you cards for the sponsors!
Dato' and Dr. sekalian.
Oh no was my first reaction i am sorry for being frank. Lol.
Unable to reject that's always my weakness. 
Picked my phone and messaged the bf for help.
He said okay right away ♥
He appeared in front of my doorstep half an hour later.
I aimed for something simple.
Red, orange, white and brown were what i was looking for.
We searched around town for what i needed.
Up and down, in and out, we went.
We discussed and we disagreed.
We may have different opinions, that's normal.
Communication is the key, bf said.
But seems like i am always the winning party. Hehe.
Couldn't find the white with orange.
We ended up buying red with gold with much considerations.
I am afraid what i am coming up with is not good enough.
Don't expect too high from me.
I don't want to disappoint you.
So, yeah, expect the worst girl.

That evening, went to an open house.
A Malay. Uncle's customer.
I realised the differences between races are indeed very significant.
Malays are satisfied with a simple meal of nasi lemak.
That's what they served yesterday.
Bihun soup, ketupat, lemang, beef rendang, tomato chicken and fried rice.
Uncle said, there's so few varieties to choose from.
If it happened to be a chinese open house,
There'll be more than ten dishes on the table.
Seriously.
I once heard a saying that goes like this;
If an aeroplane is to have four legs, the chinese will eat it too. Lol.
That night, the bf attended an Indian's wedding dinner.
He said he's curious and anxious.
How will it be like?
The awkwardness when you don't understand the culture of another race.
But the mutton and rendang were very nice he said. Haha.
Hey, look, Malay, Indian and Chinese, this is 1 Malaysia.


White. Red. Orange. Orange.


Look at these fake doughnuts!


And some fake swiss rolls.



26082012.
A Sunday. A stay-at-home Sunday.
Had brunch with the family.
Sister was having two sessions of tuition class. I pity her.
I've started on the cards.
And i'm done with the cover.
I am not satisfied with what i've came up with.
That's not what i've expected even T.T
But i don't care.
My creative juice has coagulated. It's not flowing anymore -.-
We have Ayamas at home. Three different flavours. Wee~
Can't recall when was the last time i had Ayamas already.
Hailey's full moon's Ayamas.



This is very energy consuming. Mentally and physically.


The flowers.


Orange topped with red, topped with white.


Two layers of ribbon side by side in hope of making it looks thicker.


Hey, look at what i have =/


Dipped colour pencils in water for the effect.


Some bling bling finishing touches.


The outcome. 


Silver ribbon or brown rope?









I really don't know is simple good enough.
But, i am reluctant to do more.
Lazy me! =(

No comments:

Post a Comment